Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Black Bean Taco Salad with Lime Vinegrette

People have been asking me if I'm experiencing any food cravings. I have had very few....salad being one of them. We recently got take-out from BJs Brewery and I had the chopped BBQ Chicken Salad. I was in heaven...it was the most delicious salad I've ever eaten. Since then, I've been eating more yummy salads. I've had this recipe from Cooking Light bookmarked forever. I really enjoyed it and will be making it again. Next time, I'll probably serve it with a quesadilla to make the meal a little more filling for the Bri guy.


Black Bean Taco Salad with Lime Vinegrette

Ingredients:
Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 garlic clove, peeled
Salad:
8 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce-I had extra mixed greens leftover
1 1/2 cups chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup finely diced red onion
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups fat-free baked tortilla chips (about 4 ounces)

Directions:
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients except chips in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss well to coat. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment