Monday, January 25, 2010

Spinach, Sausage, and Provolone Pizza

B and I make pizza a lot at home. It's so much cheaper, it's a cinch to put together, and I get to control the quality of ingredients. I'm always looking for different variations and this one grabbed my attention.

I got this recipe from my Real Simple magazine (Oct '09). It's quick, easy and delicious! It's seriously super easy to make! Here's the recipe...


Spinach, Sausage, and Provolone Pizza


Ingredients
cornmeal for the pan
1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 links Italian sausage, casings removed (about 3/4 pound)
1 small bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 3 cups)--I used a box of frozen
kosher salt and black pepper
1/3 pound thinly sliced provolone


Directions
Heat oven to 425ยบ F. Sprinkle a rimmed baking sheet with the cornmeal. Shape the dough into a 14-inch circle and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of the oil and bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
Top the partially cooked dough with the sausage mixture and cheese. Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese has melted, 12 to 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading all these and they look great and YUMMY. Keep them coming!!!! Unfortunately Husband is on Southbeach again so wooooee is me.

    ReplyDelete