Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Herb Crusted Rib Eye Roast

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very good at cooking chunks of meat. Give me chicken, ground turkey, or fish and I'm good. Give me a chunk on beef, and I'm instantly intimidated. Since discovering Little One is devouring all my red blood cells, leaving me anemic, I've been trying to eat red meat a bit more. Rib Eye Roasts were on sale last week, so I knew I had to try this recipe. I love all the ingredients separately, so why not as a crust on a roast?!?!

This roast was easy to throw together and came out perfectly. I was impressed with my roast fearing self. I served this with a spinach salad and a loaded baked potato. We had a lot of leftovers, so we sliced the meat up the next night and made fajitas, which were equally as good!

Herb Crusted Rib Eye Roast

Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless rib eye roast, all fat trimmed off
2 tbsp fat free sour cream
3 tsp prepared horseradish
kosher salt and fresh pepper
1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp herbs de provence (rosemary, thyme, marjoram and savory)
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
In a small bowl combine sour cream, salt, pepper and horseradish.
In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and oil.
Season meat with salt and pepper.
Sear roast in a large skillet on high heat for about 10 minutes total on all sides.
Place in roasting pan and cover with sour cream and breadcrumbs on top of roast.
Place in the oven and cook until thermometer reads 140°, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment